If you are new to an independent school, the admission process may feel overwhelming. We are here to answer questions. Please ask!
We are now accepting applications for the 2024–2025 school year. Please contact the Admissions Office for more information at email@example.com.
Admission Application Process
- RSVP to a Glimpse of GreenMount, an open house, or schedule a private tour with the Admissions Director.
- Complete and submit an application and fee by December 18, 2023, to be considered for the first round of acceptances to The GreenMount School. Applications received after December 18, 2023, will be considered for the second round.
- Complete the School Records Release Form and return it to your child’s current school.
- Ask your child’s current teacher(s) to complete the Common Referral Form.
- The form must be submitted by the current school in a sealed envelope.
- Students applying for admission into grades 4–8 must have two completed Common Referral Forms (from two different teachers).
- Arrange a Shadow Day for your child. The following is included as part of the day:
- paired with a student ambassador
- spend time in the classroom
- complete assessments
- Note: The Shadow Day is not applicable to kindergarten applicants. Kindergarten applicants sign up for a play date and assessment in January 2024.
- Arrange a day/time for a parent interview with the Admissions Director and a community conversation with a member of the Admissions Team.
The application process continues until full enrollment is reached. However, applications received by the deadline will be given priority consideration.
It is possible that a child will be placed in the wait pool. In the event an appropriate opening becomes available at a later date, parents will be notified.