GreenMount School’s ECHOES program extends the day after class, but also extends the philosophy into a varied program of enrichment.
What does a typical day at ECHOES look like?
We offer time to finish homework as well as outdoor activity, free time, and a snack. Each Friday includes a special project/experiment.
We use the gym and its stage, the playground and garden, the computer lab, and even the kitchen. Students are joined by community members who lead activities, guest speakers and performers, and alumni who help as counselors-in-training.
What are the hours?
ECHOES operates Monday-Thursday from 3:30-6:00 pm, and Friday 12:15-5:30 pm. The program also operates on professional-development days (8 am-5:30 pm) and parent-teacher conference days (noon-5:30 pm).
Are lessons and tutoring offered?
They are, as available. Parent and community volunteers lead after-school enrichment activities (for example, Running Club, Game Club, Shakespeare Club, Chess Club). Enrichment-activity fees are $25, and parents can earn co-op hours through participating.
We also offer private classes (e.g. instrumental music) and tutoring, as available, for a separate fee.
Please contact Natalie Drutz via firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer, or for more information.
Can my child participate occasionally?
Yes. As long as he or she is registered, your child can drop in at the last minute, or you can sign-up for specific days in advance.
Can my child attend ECHOES while I complete CO-OP hours in the building or attend parent-teacher conferences?
Yes. As long as he or she is registered, your child can attend at no cost while you complete hours on the premises or during your parent/teacher conference.
How much does ECHOES cost?
The annual registration fee is $35.
- Five days: $280 per month (M, T, W, Th, F)
- Four days: $215 per month (M, T, W, Th only)
- Three days: $165 per month (any 3 days EXCEPT Friday)
- Two days: $125 per month (any 2 days EXCEPT Friday)
- One day: $60 per month (any 1 day EXCEPT Friday)
- Friday drop-in/half-day rate: $35 (included with FIVE DAY enrollment)
- Late pick-up (after 3:30pm or late club pick-up – $15 or daily rate (plus $35 registration fee if not registered)
- Professional-development days: $70 per day (included with FIVE DAY enrollment)
- Week before school begins camp – Aug 27-31 – 8:30am-3:30pm $300 five days/$60 day, 3:30pm-5:30pm $10 per day
- Week after school ends camp – TBA
Please note that you will be charged for what you register for (which can be changed, if need be), not for what you use. Please notify Natalie for vacation rate at least two weeks in advance.